Friday 11 May 2012

Charlies Got the Nibbles

Since the second day we got our Charlie he has showered me with ear and neck nibbling which are tiny little nibbles with his front teeth that are actually quite enjoyable...almost like nibbling corn off the cob. To this day, I only lay down on the floor and call him over and he will start this seemingly affectionate interaction. I have tried to find one answer, on a number of occasions, to this interesting behaviour and have come up with several possibilities; some resources suggest it is puppy behaviour that is mimicking the nibbling on the mother's teet or flea nibbling and others suggest it is a sign of affection like kisses. My biggest hope is that its the latter and that I mean as much to him as he does to me.

1 comment:

  1. My dog loves to nibble wallets and feet. One time I had a friend over and we happened to notice Elvis walk by with her wallet. We spent at least a 1/2 hour looking for it. That was when I realized my dog has a nest of interesting items - dried up wrappers that smell good (to him), a sock, a dog bone and on that night, a wallet.

    ReplyDelete